Wednesday, February 16, 2022

'The longer you look at an object, the more abstract it becomes, and, ironically, the more real.' - Lucian Freud

DeflatableUillinn pipes

By chance I visited Uillinn on Wednesday in between shows: I believe the MA Art and Environment students will exhibiting next, and that I am looking forward to seeing. Stephen Canty was able to let me carry out a few experiments with the IWT situated there. We also organised a video call between the two IWTs, the kind of thing that should excite Actor Network Theory (ANT) fans but, really, the objects were oblivious to each other. Bruno Latour would have been have been proud of us in another way too. At long last, the Internet of Things (IoT) seems to be happening. I had brought a 'smart plug' along. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment