Thursday, April 8, 2021

Residency 1, Day 13: 'To pretend, I actually do the thing: I have therefore only pretended to pretend.' - Jacques Derrida

Another slightly-lacking-in-motivation-day but not too bad. Regardless, I did a lot. A highlight was accidentally having a very good chat with Jilliene Sellner. It felt almost like real life. For the to-do list: create a video tutorial for how to obtain Estate Agent (Auctioneer) Sold signs. I captured a few stills on the faithful old LG dog-and-bone today, with this in mind:



Below is something else I knocked out earlier using the app,  Microsoft Paint. A bit of playing around inspired by a comment during last night's session of the reading group. It is difficult to see how Derrida entered the conversation though. Currently we are studying Joanna Zylinska's AI Art available on Open Humanities Press: http://www.openhumanitiespress.org/books/titles/ai-art/. I recommend the book, bigtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment